FTB-Pros.com
Main Forum

Adding a server plugin: McJobs

4 replies
2 posts
0 votes
I've been playing on this awesome server for a couple weeks, and the only thing that I've been having trouble with is obtaining money. Sure, I could buy a shop plot and sell stuff, but I don't have factories or any of the resources necessary to built and maintain a profitable shop. And sure, I could also vote, but whenever I do that the money is gone very quickly, and I don't get a sense of accomplishment from pressing the vote button that I would get working for the things that I'm to lazy to gather materials for(which is kinda ironic)

That's why I think that a plugin, McJobs (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mcjobs/ ) , would help me and other people in the server who are struggling for money. Most people probably know what this is, but for those who don't, you basically choose jobs (ex. miner, alchemist) and get money for doing certain tasks. I've played on many servers that have this plugin, and it has worked out pretty nicely.

Now, I don't know ANY of the technical stuff, like if it's compatible with other server plugins, but if it is, I would love to see it be added to the FTB Unleashed server :d

Thanks for reading :d
Yes, add this plugin!
6 votes
66.7%
No, this plugin wouldn't work in the server.
3 votes
33.3%
Number of voters: 9
Posted Oct 18, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 18, 13 by Mekillpoo187
0  votes
73 posts
+3 votes
I've actually played on another server that had MCjobs on it, and what i learned was that it has an extremely high potential to destabilize the economy. The soldier job for example would give you tier multiplier bonus depending what you killed. And as you level up your base pay would increase. So eventually I would be getting 30-50 per silverfish kill (silver fish is t5). I know of a few players that were making 100k+ an hour from just sitting there and killing mobs.

Now on a server that does not have soul shards or MFR this would not be a problem at all. Unfortunately we do have both of these enabled on the server. This plugin is just not tuned for unleashed, since there are so many ways to exploit the system with the tools unleash gives the player.

For example

Mob essence for the enchanting jobs, mob spawners for soldier, mob spawner for baker/cook, planter for woodsman, or the double dense ore worlds for miners.

So in order to make this work on an unleashed server; the ability to generate money has to be seriously nerfed, and at that point why install it at all?
Posted Oct 18, 13 · Last edited Oct 18, 13 by Numcers
0  votes
Blitza a[Owner]
18 posts
+3 votes
Admins
Owner
Now on a server that does not have soul shards or MFR this would not be a problem at all. Unfortunately we do have both of these enabled on the server.

Why dont we have these enabled? D:
Posted Oct 19, 13
0  votes
73 posts
+3 votes
wrote:
Now on a server that does not have soul shards or MFR this would not be a problem at all. Unfortunately we do have both of these enabled on the server.

Why dont we have these enabled? D:

You do have them enabled :p

Soul shards and mob Spawners sort of are the Achilles heel to McJobs plugin.
Posted Oct 19, 13
0  votes
2 posts
0 votes
Yeah, now I understand how MJobs would be way to OP.

Thanks for responding though :d
Posted Oct 19, 13 · OP
0  votes
Top Posters
217 Posts
174 Posts
dany819 [SM][OP]
161 Posts
jsimmons10 [Admin][Supreme][Shadow]
82 Posts
73 Posts
YnotMizuka [Admin][Supreme]